Forensic Psychology Overview: Quick Facts
Intrigued by forensics? Read on to see if you and a forensic psychology career line up.
What You'll Do
- Use psychology within the criminal justice system
- Assess offenders' state of mind and their risk of re-offending
- Assess competency of individuals to stand trial
- Provide testimony in court
- Evaluate child custody decisions in divorce
Forensic psychology isn't as dramatic as TV and movies portray it to be. But if you're passionate about psychology and excited by the prospect of helping to assess or diagnose individuals within the criminal justice system, a career in forensic psychology might appeal to you. Learn which personal and professional traits you'll need to succeed in this career.
|You are...||You should have...|
|A critical thinker||Strong communication skills|
|Logical||Good ethical standards|
|Intuitive||A desire to collaborate|
|Self-controlled||Excellent writing skills|
|Deductive||A strong stomach|