Counseling State Licensure Boards
Read our quick reference guide to counseling license requirements by state.
Know Your State's Counseling License Requirements
Below is a quick reference guide to the state licensure boards for professional counselors.
Before choosing a counseling degree, be sure your program satisfies the counseling license requirements in your state and learn whether or not your area of counseling psychology needs to hold state-level counseling licensure.
For example, mental health counselors are required to have a counseling license, while vocational counselors may not. Counselor requirements vary for each state, so be sure you research requirements needed in where you would like to practice; also be sure to check any national licensing boards, as there may be a difference in criteria.
Find Counseling Licensure Requirements by State
Found Your State? Now Get Your Counseling License
Related Psychology Articles
- How Social Media Helps and Hurts Us
- The Mental Health Benefit of Pets
- What is Human Services?
- Go Back to School in Psychology
- Here's How to Become a Counselor
- The Growth of Consumer Psychology & "Mad Men"
- Complete List of Psychology Salaries
- Do You Have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
- 5 Myths About Forensic Psychology (& Five Truths)
- What is Adult ADD?
- Job Settings for Psychology Students
- Accredited Online Courses for Substance Abuse Counseling