Cost of Clinical Psychology School
Find out what it could cost you to obtain your degree in psychology.
Like purchasing a car or home, you have a choice when it comes to how much to spend on your graduate school education. There are many affordable options for returning to school, and a wide array of clinical psychology programs that will allow you to complete your graduate education at a price and pace that is comfortable for you.
The following tuition costs to obtain a psychology degree summarize the findings of the 2011 edition of the Graduate Study in Psychology, performed by the American Psychological Association.
Median annual tuition costs to earn a master's degree in Clinical Psychology (public institution):
- In-state residents: $5,892
- Out-of-state residents: $13,021
Median annual tuition costs to earn your doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology (public institution):
- In-state residents: $6,888
- Out-of-state residents: $17,172
It is important to note that these annual tuition costs are simply averages and, depending on the school and program you choose, your costs may be lower or higher. The cost to obtain a psychology degree online may also vary by school and program.
Related Psychology Articles
- The Mental Health Benefit of Pets
- What is Human Services?
- Go Back to School in Psychology
- Here's How to Become a Counselor
- The Growth of Consumer Psychology & "Mad Men"
- Complete List of Psychology Salaries
- Do You Have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
- 5 Myths About Forensic Psychology (& Five Truths)
- What is Adult ADD?
- Job Settings for Psychology Students
- Accredited Online Courses for Substance Abuse Counseling