In the end, your choice may boil down to the school's tuition, its location and reputation, the student-to-instructor ratio and internship potential.
Psychology School Factors to Consider
- Psychology school curriculum: Does the focus and philosophy of the program match your interests? Are the clinical facilities up-to-date?
- Clinical sites What types of sites are available or required for internships? Where are the psychology school's recent graduates doing their internships?
- Location: Are you willing to move out of state? Do you prefer an urban environment?
- Size: What is the student-to-instructor ratio? How diverse is the student population?
- Tuition: Will money factor into your decision? Will you qualify for in-state tuition at a state school?